Orpheus is a specialist cyber threat intelligence company. We are intelligence and cyber security professionals with many years’ experience and a varied range of backgrounds, and our mission is to collect information from a wide range of sources in order to provide understanding to decision makers so that they can overcome the cyber security threats that they face. We specialise in providing highly tailored threat intelligence products and services, including as providers to the increasing number of regulator-mandated cyber resilience schemes emerging globally.
The successful candidate will support a key client to Orpheus. We are their outsourced threat intelligence function and the role will involve managing all client interaction. Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Joining the daily security team meeting and providing a short threat brief on current activity;
- Collate a daily report summarising input to the meeting from the incident team etc. and circulate;
- Providing concise intel analysis relevant to incidents and global news stories around cyber incidents;
- Linking threats to vulnerabilities;
- Assist with the further development of intelligence collection plan;
- Use the Orpheus platform to disseminate proactive intelligence summaries and alerts;
- Weekly intelligence summary;
- Monthly – manage the Threat Management Group
The ideal candidate will:
- Have academic or professional experience in primary intelligence research and analysis related to political, security or technology issues.
- Have experience in managing clients.
- Possess strong qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Understand the threat intelligence cycle/process.
- Be able to use their initiative and understanding to manage their own research efforts.
Skills that are preferred but not essential:
- Understand the principles of cyber security, cyber threat and cyber risk.
- Demonstrate an interest in current cyber security issues and developments.
- Additional languages are desirable where specifically relevant to areas of heightened cyber threat.