Orpheus is a specialist cyber threat intelligence company. We are intelligence and cyber security professionals with many years’ experience and a varied range of backgrounds, and our mission is to collect information from a wide range of sources in order to provide understanding to decision makers so that they can overcome the cyber security threats that they face. We specialise in providing highly tailored threat intelligence products and services, including as providers to the increasing number of regulator-mandated cyber resilience schemes emerging globally.
The successful candidate will support Orpheus’ work gathering information on cyber threats and turning it into actionable intelligence, enabling our clients to better protect themselves. Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing an understanding of the cyber threat landscape facing our clients, and providing regular research and analysis.
- Targeted research on specific topics in support of tailored threat assessments.
- Contributing to the development of our technical collection infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have academic or professional experience in primary intelligence research and analysis related to political, security or technology issues.
- Possess strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, and be keen to develop these further.
- Understand the threat intelligence cycle/process.
- Be able to use their initiative and understanding to manage their own research efforts.
- Be competent with the Microsoft Office suite and enthusiastic regarding new technologies.
- Experience with Python and SQL
Skills that are preferred but not essential:
- Understand the principles of cyber security, cyber threat and cyber risk.
- Demonstrate an interest in current cyber security issues and developments.
- Additional languages are desirable where specifically relevant to areas of heightened cyber threat.
Experience with additional research tools and software related to intelligence collection and analysis is also desirable.