Orpheus is a specialist cyber threat intelligence company. We are intelligence and cyber security professionals with many years’ experience and a wide range of backgrounds, and our mission is to collect information from a wide range of sources in order to provide understanding to decision makers so that they can overcome the cyber security threats that they face. We specialise in providing highly tailored threat intelligence products and services, including as part of the increasing number of regulator-mandated cyber resilience schemes.
The successful candidate will support Orpheus’ work gathering information on cyber threats and turning it into actionable intelligence, enabling our clients to better protect themselves. Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Primary research on the deep and dark web to identify and cultivate new sources
- Developing an understanding of the cyber threat landscape facing our clients, and providing regular research and analysis
- Targeted research on specific topics in support of tailored threat assessments
- Contributing to the development of our technical collection infrastructure
The ideal candidate will:
- Be looking to start or develop a career in the intelligence or cyber security field
- Understand the principles of cyber security, cyber threats and cyber risk
- Demonstrate an interest in current cyber security issues and developments
- Have academic or professional experience in primary intelligence research and analysis related to political, security or technology issues
- Use their initiative and understanding to manage their own research efforts
- Communicate efficiently, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages are also desirable, especially where specifically relevant to areas of heightened cyber threat
- Maintain excellent standards in their work and show a high degree of attention to detail
- Be competent with the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with additional research tools and software related to intelligence collection and analysis is also desirable. Experience with programming in any scripting language is also desirable.
This is a paid, part-time position for one or two days a week that will be suitable for candidates in full-time education looking to gain experience ahead of a potential career in the cyber security sector.
Suitable candidates should email their CV and a one-page covering letter to: contact[at]orpheus-cyber.com