Orpheus is a specialist cyber threat intelligence company. We are intelligence and cyber security professionals with many years’ experience and a varied range of backgrounds, and our mission is to collect information from a wide range of sources in order to provide understanding to decision makers so that they can overcome the cyber security threats that they face. We specialise in providing highly tailored threat intelligence products and services, including as providers to the increasing number of regulator-mandated cyber resilience schemes emerging globally.
We are currently looking for a passionate individual who can support Orpheus’ work in collecting data from various online sources. This is a highly technical role with the successful candidate solving a wide variety of challenges around gathering, structuring, and analysing data and developing internal tools.
- Identify new open source intelligence products and sources and contribute to the further development of various tools or applications that support and enhance our current technical collection infrastructure
- Monitor and leverage the deep web to gather intelligence about threat methods and actors to enhance intelligence products
- Contribute to the growth of the team’s technical capability by using suitable tools and analysis
- Increase Orpheus’ ability in the technical analysis of information, both external and internal, in order to generate actionable intelligence
- Proactively find ways of improving our technical services, systems and code infrastructure
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to technical matters as and when required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Working knowledge of the concepts in cyber security and/or information security, including identification of common threats, vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigation
- Experience in preprocessing and postprocessing of large datasets, and parsing them into different structured formats
- Knowledge of intelligence processes and procedures with experience of multiple source intelligence research and analysis
- Familiarity with cloud service providers as a platform to develop tools and enhance our web collection capability
- Knowledge and use of database technologies such as SQL or Elasticsearch
- Experience using the Linux command line (Bash, SSH, etc.)
- Be able to write high-quality, maintainable code
- Be comfortable learning about new domains and solving problems
- Excellent time management and planning skills with experience of working under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work effectively in a team
The position offers a fantastic opportunity to work with advanced technologies with a team of other bright and ambitious professionals. This would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career in the intelligence or cyber security field.
Suitable candidates should email a tailored covering letter and CV to: contact[at]orpheus-cyber.com