Orpheus is a specialist cyber threat intelligence company. We are intelligence and cyber security professionals with many years’ experience and a varied range of backgrounds, and our mission is to collect information from a wide range of sources in order to provide understanding to decision makers so that they can overcome the cyber security threats that they face. We specialise in providing highly tailored threat intelligence products and services, including as providers to the increasing number of regulator-mandated cyber resilience schemes emerging globally.
We are looking for a passionate Python Developer who can support Orpheus’ work in collecting data from various online sources, and develop code for the Orpheus web application. The successful candidate will also be solving a wide variety of challenges around gathering, structuring, and analysing data and developing internal tools.
- Developing Python-based web applications and supporting and enhancing our current technical collection infrastructure
- Using Amazon Web Services as a platform to develop various tools and enhancing our web collection capabilities
- Proactively finding ways of improving our services, systems and code
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Minimum 1 year of Python development experience through work or study
- Experience using the Linux command line (Bash, SSH, etc.)
- Be familiar with using source code version control systems such as Git
- Be able to write high-quality, maintainable code
- Be comfortable learning about new domains and solving problems
- Excellent time management and planning skills with experience of working under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work effectively in a team
The position offers a fantastic opportunity to work with advanced technologies with a team of other bright and ambitious professionals. This would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career in the intelligence or cyber security field.
Suitable candidates should email a tailored covering letter and CV to diego.silva[at]orpheus-cyber.com